Regardless of the type of roof you have, you will need repairs at some point, especially when your roof nears the end of its longevity. Hiring a qualified Roofer can help you avoid many complications associated with improper repair and ensure you don’t spend more money on it. Your repair company will start by Inspecting the roof to locate the damaged areas and determine the kind of damage they have before embarking on the repair procedures. Doing proper research on the roofing company you’re hiring can also help you figure out some other details on roofing repairs that you didn’t know before. You will then avoid common, costly mistakes and reduce the repair costs greatly.
Click here to see the areas we provide Roofing Service
Roofing repair options
Locating Roofing Leaks
Your roof doesn’t just protect you from extreme sunlight. It also protects the house from excess moisture that can damage even the structure. Small leaks can gradually increase and cause bigger problems that will require more money to repair. Common signs of leaks to look out for include discoloration of the ceiling and walls, sounds of dripping water, and sagging of the ceiling. If you notice any of these, then call Best Roof Guy for a comprehensive quote. Leaking roofs are usually an indication of bigger problems such as broken or missing shingles.
Poor drainage on flat roofs
Flat roofs look great, but if they are not installed properly, they can hold a lot of water. The longer water pools on the roofing surface, the more it can damage the roof. Pooling can also occur when your gutters are broken or clogged. If you notice the gutters not draining water as efficiently as they should or if the water starts to seep through the roof into the house, you need to contact our roofing contractors immediately.
Broken Roofing shingles
Over time, your shingles are bound to break and fail to pro ide the needed insulation. When the shingles aren’t functioning, you will end up spending a lot of money on energy to keep your home comfortable. You will spend a lot of energy cooling the house or increase your energy usage to keep warm during cold seasons. If you notice sudden changes in the temperature regulations inside your home, you need to reach out to us. We will do a thorough inspection to determine the root cause of the problem before implementing the necessary changes to make your home as energy-efficient as possible. Our residential roofing experts will ensure your home is kept safe from UV rays, moisture, and snow throughout the year.
The same applies to broken tiles. Our team of experts can replace all your broken tiles with ease and efficiency that provide a long-term reprieve. Even if your roofing tiles are still new, we are the best roofers Daphne has to perform an inspection and maintenance routines. We can handle both planned and emergencies to ensure that you continue to live in the utmost comfort.
Sometimes, the roof’s supporting structures become damaged when exposed to moisture, heat, or water for a long time. This is because most of the time, the fascia is made with wooden boards. Even when the wood is sealed with fire and moisture retardant, it may give in to the pressure of supporting the roof at some point. Contact us immediately you notice the growth of molds, warping, or rotting on any section of the fascia. We will ensure we stop the spread of the rotting and will replace the rotten section effectively.
The gutters also play a crucial role in the roofing and housing system. If they don’t function well, water will start collecting on the roof or trickling down the walls. Eventually, the structure of the house will get damaged by the excess water, and that is not only costly but is also dangerous. To ensure your safety, you need to call professional roofers Daphne can provide. We prioritize our client’s safety and satisfaction and ensure that your gutters are clean and smooth to pass down all the water the way they should.
The Best Roof Guy Committment to Quality Roof Replacement
Best Roof Guy has all the qualities you need in a roof replacement company. Being a Daphne company, we understand the roofing needs of the region and are best suited to provide any roof repair you need. Our location also allows us to reach you within the shortest time, even when you need emergency repair services.
We prioritize customer satisfaction, and we know that we can only achieve that through the provision of quality services. We understand that if we fail to deliver exceptional services, our clients will not want a long-lasting relationship. Therefore, we strive to deliver the kind of services that warrant long-term relationships and even referrals to our company.
All our contractors are also licensed and insured, just like the company. You don’t have to worry about insurance claims in case of an accident in your property. If any damages occur or our team members get injured, we will sort it out with our insurance. Being licensed also acts as a reassurance that you can trust us with your property. Every roofing contractor from our company will come with the guarantee to perform repairs within the state.
The level of transparency in our company allows us to give our clients extensive warranties. We stand by our work and only use quality products in all roof replacements we handle. We also care about your safety and avoid all substandard products that will only cost you more money. We can also help you with your insurance claims if you have one. We only offer professional advice but will handle your deductible or handle the claim in your place
Call Best Roof Guy Now for Quality Roof Repairs and Roof Replacement Daphne
Given the reputation we have, you can be sure that your roofing needs will be well taken care of when you hire us. We understand the kind of stress that can arise from imperfect roofs and strive to ensure you don’t deal with them. Whatever kind of repair you need, we will give you a detailed quote for it upfront, after assessing the damage. We value honesty and transparency, and those are portrayed in our quotations. We write down every aspect of the roof repair together with every element needed. This way, you’ll know exactly what you’re spending your money on. Call us today for a quotation
Ever go to an ATM to withdraw cash start walking back to your car?
You can feel like you’ve got a target on your head. ATMs are mostly only there to dispense cash. So, when someone sees you at one, they know you’ve got cash money on you.
Well, the same holds true for the roof of your home.
It doesn’t matter whether caused by one of the 1,200 annual tornadoes in the US, the 5,400 hail storms, or just general disrepair.
A damaged roof a giant ATM for those who work roof scams.
Roof Scams: Thieves in Your Neighborhood
Some are “legitimate” contractors who simply do terrible work, but many are door-to-door scam artists.
Some even travel the country in packs, showing up in the aftermath of a tornado or hurricane or hail storm to take advantage of the unsuspecting. This usually means the elderly, the recent immigrant, or the new homeowner.
Since getting your roof replaced is not something that happens often, most folks know little the process.
It’s those big gaping holes in knowledge that allow these scams to work. work they do: one roofer bilked five residents out of thousands of dollars apiece. Plus, he did it all in the same neighborhood!
Here are seven tips to make sure that you never get scammed when it comes to roofing repairs.
Don’t Talk to Strangers
Most roof scams are operated by people who aren’t even roofing contractors at all. Yet, in many cities, registration is all that’s required to be certified as a contractor.
In other words, just anybody can call himself a roofer.
If the person at your door has an out-of-state license plate, is there with a relative, or offers you a free inspection or really cheap deal, beware. That’s red flag one.
Not only one can anyone get certified as a contractor. In many places, anyone can get a logo painted on a truck.
Don’t hire a roofer who shows up unannounced at your door.
Take Pictures Immediately
After a bad storm passes, a lot of door-to-door scam artists will attempt to offer you a free inspection.
Then, they show you pictures of someone else’s home. Or worse, they may get up there cause damage where there is none. At times, they may even make your existing damage worse!
This is to try get as much money out of you as possible.
Know exactly what’s wrong with your roof first by taking pictures immediately after the weather clears. Telling them you have pictures already will nip many of these roof scams in the bud.
Never Write a Check
Even if you’ve never had work done on your roof, you probably know better than to just hand cash to a stranger.
However, a disturbing of people suckered in by promises of cheap repairs will sign over a check from the insurance company.
This usually happens to homeowners who have paid off their mortgage. This is because scammers don’t want mortgage companies or anyone else involved.
That first check you get from the insurance company should be used to begin paying a reputable contractor. Then, they will then bill the insurance company for the rest.
Sign Nothing Right Away
A lot of high-pressure con artists working roof scams will try tie you into a contract on the spot.
They won’t disappear overnight, like the guys who got a hold of your check. But they very possibly could do a subpar job that you’ll have to find yourself replacing sooner than you’d like.
if you’ve done the legwork yourself found a reputable contractor who’s come made an assessment, go ahead get started. However, don’t sign anything brought to you by a complete stranger.
If someone comes to your door presents you with a deal that seems too good to be true, it probably is.
But there’s nothing that says you can’t check up on them get back to them later.
If you’re living with a partner or spouse, beware of any roofer who demands that both of you be there during the consultation. That’s another high-pressure gimmick.
A reputable contractor will have a local street address and local .
Check the Better Bureau look around online. Suspicious? Google them! Don’t be afraid to ask questions, either.
Know Your Rights
A lot of disreputable contractors flat-out scam artists will say you need to put a down payment on your roofing work. Never do this.
A reputable contractor will give you a detailed estimate, have you sign a contract, then begin.
Beware also of contractors who keep changing the of the contract asking for more money for things like materials.
Reputable roofers have fluctuations in material prices baked into the cost already. They usually know weeks ahead of time when the market’s going to fluctuate in that way.
Finally, if you do sign a contract, by law you have three days in which to back out of it, consequence-free. Roof scam artists won’t tell you that!
Fight Back Against Roof Scams By Being Prepared Now
Roof scams are horrible things.
It’s hard to imagine that anyone would consciously prey on disaster victims. But like the ATM, that hole in your roof tells them you have insurance money coming — they want a piece of it.
Avoid strangers, high-pressure salesmen, contractors who are hard to find or have no local history. Also avoid anyone who pressures you to sign a contract or offer payment today. It’s best to avoid unreliable roofers.
The only thing you should do today is to start looking for reputable roofers.
That way, that when if the worst does happen, you’ll have competent, reliable, trustworthy people on the job.
You may already have storm damage not even know it.
There’s no reason to get taken when you’re at your most vulnerable.
Prepare yourself ahead of time by finding a reputable roofing contractor in your area.That way, when you hear these stories in the local news, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing you’re ahead of the game.
So, you need a roof replacement for your Daphne home. Where do you start? It’s easy to get overwhelmed with so much variety in terms of roofing materials, colors, costs, and more. Whether you’re shopping for a brand-new build or a replacement for your current roof, which material do you pick?
It’s important to decide what’s best for both your home and your wallet. Any upgrades to your roof, despite type and kind, will add value to your home overall. But you don’t want to sink too much money into your roof if it’s not necessary.
We understand the importance of working with a roofing company in the Daphne area who can accurately provide you with advice, samples, and guidance so you can make the best choice for your home and family.
Roofing Materials Buying Guide
At Best Roof Guy , we serve families with the five most common roofing materials: asphalt, wood, metal, tile, and synthetic slate. Each roofing material has unique characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages.
Asphalt Shingles and Shakes:
More than 70 percent of all single-family homes in the U.S. are roofed with asphalt shingles. They are affordable and do a good job of protecting your home from the outside elements.
- Asphalt shingles come in a variety of colors, thickness, and warranties, and all of them are affordable for the average home.
- They are easy to install, maintain, and repair, if necessary, without replacing the entire roof.
- Asphalt shingles are an attractive option and look good on almost any style of home.
- Most 3- Tab shingles will last close to 20 years in hot, sunny climates, even though warranties extend to 25 years. The best asphalt shingles may last for up to 40 years, but this is the exception.
- Hail and strong winds can easily damage asphalt shingles. Most are only rated for 60-70 mph winds.
- Rapid temperature changes can cause asphalt shingles to crack and break.
- Most asphalt shingles can’t be recycled, making them the least eco-friendly option.
Wood Shingles and Shakes:
Wood delivers a naturally beautiful touch to any roof. You can find wood shingles or shakes in cedar, redwood, cypress and pressure-treated pine, depending on the look you’re after.
What’s the difference between a wood shingle and a wood shake? We’re glad you asked.
Wood shingles are machine cut, while shakes are hand cut. The major difference is in appearance. Shingles have clean lines and a smooth surface, while shakes are more rustic. The manufacturing process makes shakes slightly more expensive than wood shingles.
- Wood roofs can last 5 to 10 years longer than asphalt, which makes them competitively priced if properly installed for our area, and worth it because of their lifespan.
- If well-cared for, a wooden roof can last up to 50 years as long as split and cracked shingles are replaced immediately and the roof is kept clean and clear.
- They add a unique, traditional, cottage feel to your home.
- Some wood shingles contain oils that make them naturally resistant to moisture and insects, but others do not, which can cause pest problems.
- Untreated wood roofs are high maintenance. They require cleaning regularly and debris needs to be cleared so the wood can breathe.
- Wood isn’t a great choice in any location where there are seasonal wildfire hazards.
Metal roofing has recently spiked in popularity due to demands for durability, eco-friendly roofing, and the new styles that are nearly indistinguishable from other materials. The most common metals used in roofing materials are aluminum, lightweight steel, and zinc. Copper metal roofs are especially beautiful but are also the most expensive type of metal roof on today’s market.
- The new styles of metal roofing can mimic the look of shingles, shakes, slate, and tile, with dozens of colors available.
- Metal is a 50 to 100-year roofing material with warranties of 30-50 years, the longest in the industry. It does not crack or rot and is designed to be rust resistant.
- In certain colors, metal reflects solar radiant heat, so can keep your home cooler in hot weather and trap in warmth during the winter.
- Most brands are guaranteed to resist winds of up to 120 mph.
- Metal roofing materials are inherently low maintenance.
- The cost of metal roofing is higher than asphalt shingles.
- Metal panels tend to produce more noise than other roofing materials, especially during heavy rain.
- When hit with a heavy object, like large size hail, metal roofing materials can dent.
- Even small repairs are still more expensive than repairing asphalt or wood shingles.
Today’s tile roofing materials are most commonly made with either clay or concrete. Clay tiles are reinforced for strength and durability. Concrete tiles are manufactured with a special lightweight blend that maintains the strength of concrete but are surprisingly easy to work with. Both roofing materials are finished with a waterproof coating before installation.
- Both clay or concrete tiles offer 50+ years of durability, which rivals metal roofing for the best in the industry.
- Tile is naturally resistant to fire and insects.
- Light-colored tile reflects sunlight, so it reduces heat penetration and cooling requirements.
- Clay tiles have a natural thermal resistance, which makes them a strong contender for eco-friendly building material.
- Concrete tiles are a low-maintenance option, impervious to rot, water damage, fire, or insect activity.
- Concrete tiles can be manufactured to mimic the look of shakes, slate, clay, and other high-end roofs.
- Little to no maintenance required.
- There are not quite as many style options as asphalt shingles.
- Tile is heavier than most roofing material and some types require extra framing support at a higher cost.
- The cost of tile is higher than asphalt, metal, and wood.
- Clay tiles may break if walked on, so repairing chimneys and other roofing issues can be tricky, especially if not handled by a professional.
Slate roofing shingles are made from slivers of real rock and stone and are available in a wide range of patterns. Slate roofing materials bring elegance from Old World style in classic color schemes. It is best for Tudor, French, or other European home styles.
- Slate is impervious to moisture, insects, fire, and inclement weather.
- Natural slate tiles are the most durable roof you can put on a building. It can last for over a century.
- Slate is highly energy-efficient due to its durability and low environmental impact during manufacturing.
- Slate material is heavy and often requires additional and costly support.
- Slates can also shatter under the weight of a person walking on the surface.
- It is more expensive than almost all other roofing materials.
- Must be installed by a contractor who specializes in slate roofing.
As with most home improvement choices, it’s a delicate balance between quality and expense. We’ve done our best to give you an honest representation of the average costs for each of the five most popular roofing materials. The range represents the varied cost of both the roofing materials and installers. All prices are listed in square feet.
|Type of Material||Material Cost||Installation Cost||Total Cost|
|Wood Shingles and Shakes||$2.50-$4.00||$3.00-$5.00||$5.50-$9.00|
|Tiles (Clay and Concrete)||$5.00-$12.00||$6.00-$10.00||$11.00-$22.00|
It’s tempting to choose the cheapest option when you’re faced with an emergency roof replacement for your Daphne home. However, taking a long-term view may show you that a more expensive roofing material can be the better value over the lifetime of your home. Choosing the shingles that work best for your home, your area, and your family can be frustrating. We’ve made the pros and cons easy and clear for each material.
- Asphalt shingles are a good short-term choice if you plan to sell your home in less than 10 years. They are popular, look great, and protect your home.
- Wood shingles and shakes are best if you desperately want that rustic look. Make sure your roof gets plenty of sun, and you choose an experienced contractor for installation.
- Metal roofing is a great option if you’re looking for something to last almost forever, or you want to increase resale value. Beautiful new options are nearly limitless.
- Clay or concrete tiles are perfect if they fit your style and your budget. They are durable and can last for 50 years with minor maintenance and small repairs if necessary.
- Slate roofing is perfect if you’re looking for something unique to make your home look truly special. This roof can last for generations and brings a distinctive aesthetic.
For additional information about roofing materials and which one may be right for your home, give Best Roof Guy a call today!
Sunlight through roof boards
Take a look inside your attic during the daytime. Do you notice any sunlight coming in through the roof boards? This is a sure sign that you have a leaky roof that needs to be replaced.
Shingle granules in gutters
Do a quick inspection of your gutters. Do you see a whole lot of black specks? These are asphalt granules from your shingles. Some granule loss is normal throughout the life of an asphalt roof, but asphalt shingles tend to lose more granules toward the end of their life cycle. Heavy granule loss on a consistent basis is a sure sign that your roof needs to be replaced.
Curling or buckling shingles
Shingles can curl or buckle over time due to heavy sunlight exposure. Take a look at the slopes of your roof that get direct sunlight. Do the shingles there create a flat, even surface, or are there areas where parts of the shingles lift upward? If you notice curling or buckling shingles, your shingles are likely reaching the end of their life.
Roofs are built to withstand high winds and heavy storms. If you notice shingles missing from your roof after a storm, that could be a sign that your roof is failing.
Many homeowners opt for asphalt shingles because they come in a wide range of styles and are the most affordable roofing option. Wood shingles and shakes come in a variety of wood types and may be treated with fire retardants for better fire resistance. Metal roofing is lightweight, fire resistant, and very durable. Slate is the most expensive roofing option and is known for its outstanding longevity. Clay and concrete tile offer comparable benefits to slate, but with greater variety at a lower cost.
Wood shake roofs are more expensive, ranging from $15,000 to $22,000.
The average cost of a metal roof is $18,000 to $25,000.
The average cost of a clay tile roof is $22,000 to $32,000.
Slate roofs tend to be the most expensive, averaging at $32,000 or more.
A number of additional factors including roof size, pitch, and complexity also factor into how much your new roof will cost. A roofing specialist can give you the most accurate roof estimate for your home.
How to Pay for Your New Roof
A new roof is an investment, but that doesn’t mean it’s out of reach. Best Roof Guy can help you get the roof you need now without tying up your cash or personal credit. Best Roof Guy offers financing,, which you repay at a fixed interest rate on your property tax bill.
alliance roofing llc certainteed shingle master commercial roofing residential spanish fort fairhope property roofing contractors document location protocol home daphne roof repair services contact install shingle new work residential
alliance roofing llc certainteed shingle master commercial roofing residential spanish fort fairhope property roofing contractors document location protocol storm damage turn duradek insulation siding shingle master residential home roofing services us services siding contact home job replacement commercial install
roofer daphne AL